COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We continue to follow guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health Services (DHS). We are taking additional precautions to keep our patients, our providers and our staff healthy and safe.
PATIENT SCREENING PROCEDURES
- All patients are required to wear a face covering. If you have a personal face covering, please bring it with you to your appointment.
- All patients have their temperatures taken at check-in with a non-touch thermometer.
- All patients are screened verbally prior to check-in for COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath) and history of COVID-19 exposure.
- Patients are encouraged to attend appointments alone unless a caregiver or parent of a child is needed. Where appropriate, companions will be asked to wait in the car or outside the office.
- Safe social distancing is practiced in our waiting rooms. Social distancing markings help patients remain 6 feet apart.
- Patients may wait outside the office or in their car, if that is preferred over waiting inside the office.
- Our processes were updated to minimize contact, including:
- Introduced a verbal sign in process
- All new patient documents are required to be submitted digitally through our Patient Portal
- Temporarily discontinued the requirement of credit card signatures
- Hand sanitizers and wipes are readily available throughout the office.
- All interior hallway doors remain open at all times
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting room and exam rooms.
- Every exam room is cleaned and disinfected after each patient visit.
- The entire office undergoes an even deeper cleaning and disinfecting process twice a day.
STAFF SCREENING PROCEDURES
- All doctors, physician assistants, medical assistants and office staff are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All staff are required to wash their hands frequently, as well as practice safe social distancing when possible.
- All staff are screened prior to each shift (non-contact temperature screening and verbal screening questions).