Jonathan M. Carp, MD
- General Clinical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
About Jonathan M. Carp
Jonathan Carp is a board-certified, award-winning clinical dermatologist with a comprehensive, well-rounded background working in general practice. He has extensive experience and expertise in all aspects of dermatologic care, including minor surgery and extensive use of systemic medications.
Dr. Carp received his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University, where he was accepted into a combined BA / MD program enabling him to finish medical school early. After also completing his internship (Internal Medicine) at Rutgers, Dr. Carp went on to complete his Dermatology Residency at State University of New York – Buffalo.
Dr. Carp’s distinguished track record includes having served for 4 years as Chief of Dermatology for a prominent California medical group, supervising 9 dermatologists, 2 Mohs surgeons and an ancillary staff of 5; and having been recipient of the Outstanding Clinical Dermatologist Merit Award for three years in a row.
Dr. Carp has special interest in helping patients take more control over their own health, by educating them about how skin disease is related to and often a sign of internal medical problems.
“My father is also a doctor and when I was 6 or 7, I would carry his big black doctor’s bag for him on house calls. I thought there was magic in that bag because he made people smile and feel better. I know medicine is not magic now, but I still carry that sense of wonder with me as I see patients.”
Education and Training
- Medical Doctor: UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEY / RUTGERS MEDICAL SCHOOL – Piscataway, NJ (1996); Completed 7 Year Dual Degree Program to secure B.A. and M.D. Degrees
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-RUTGERS COLLEGE – New Brunswick, NJ (1994).
- BA/MD Dual Degree Program: Combined degree 7 year program, started medical school in 3rd year of college.
- Chief Resident, Dept. of Dermatology: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT BUFFALO – Buffalo, NY (1999-2000)
- Resident, Dept. of Dermatology: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT BUFFALO – Buffalo, NY (1997-2000)
- Internal Medicine Internship: ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – Piscataway, NJ; UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEY – New Brunswick, NJ; PRINCETON MEDICAL CENTER – Princeton, NJ (1996-1997)
Credentials & Licensure
- Board Certified, American Board of Dermatology
Professional Development & Membership
- San Fernando Valley Dermatology Society (2002-Present);
- International Society of Dermatology (2001-Present);
- American Academy of Dermatology (2000-Present)
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of Outstanding Clinical Dermatologist Merit Award (2003-2005); Elected Physician Partner (2003) Awarded by Southern California Permanente Medical Group – Panorama City, CA
- Garden State Scholar (1990-1994) Awarded to Students of Merit in the State of New Jersey
- BA/MD Program: Selected by Rutgers College and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School as one of 8 students elected to begin medical school during junior year of undergraduate studies
Dr. Carp’s Practice Locations and Schedules:
- Delray Beach (Friday: 8 am – 5 pm)
From acne and alopecia to venous disease and vitiligo; get the definitions, explanations and facts you need about virtually any and all dermatologic conditions and skin diseases, in easy alphabetic order!
Many of our dermatology providers are featured in the collection, and most leading skin disorders are covered. Learn more about prevention, diagnosis and treatment options for your condition, and hear what other patients have to say about us!