Shery Varghese, MD
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
About Dr. Shery Varghese
Dr. Shery Varghese received his undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, before completing his medical and graduate studies in the medical scholars program at the University of Illinois.
A preliminary year of internal medicine study followed, at the University of Pittsburgh, where he went on to complete both his dermatology residency and dermatopathology fellowship.
The fellowship reflects Dr. Varghese’s special interest in the correlation and impact of dermatopathology — a combination of skin disorder diagnosis, treatment, and microscopic identification of specific diseases – on the practice of clinical dermatology.
“Dermatology is unique in medicine because it quite often requires the integration of clinical and pathological correlation in its practice. It is one of the aspects that I find exciting and gratifying.”
Education & Training:
- Board Certification: American Board of Dermatology, American Board of Dermatopathology
- Fellowship, Internship & Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Medical Degree: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts
- Additional Education: Master of Science in Microbiology, University of Illinois
Dr. Varghese’s Practice Locations and Schedules:
From acne and alopecia to venous disease and vitiligo; get the definitions, explanations and facts you need about virtually any and all dermatologic conditions and skin diseases, in easy alphabetic order!
Many of our dermatology providers are featured in the collection, and most leading skin disorders are covered. Learn more about prevention, diagnosis and treatment options for your condition, and hear what other patients have to say about us!