Acne is never fun, but Water’s Edge Dermatology can help you keep your skin clear. Instead of suffering through painful breakouts, dermatologists suggest these tips to fight pimple-causing bacteria and clogged pores:
- Look for the word “noncomedogenic” on products you plan to use on your face or acne-prone skin
- Keep your hair and hands away from your face to avoid clogging your pores with hair products or spreading bacteria
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser and warm water twice a day and use your fingers rather than a washcloth or sponge
- Go oil-free with any products you put on your face, including sunscreens and makeup
- Moisturize your face to calm dry, irritated skin
- Don’t pop your pimples, you can cause scars or even more pimples to occur
Being kind to your face goes a long way toward clear skin. Eating healthy and taking time to relax can also help you avoid breakouts.
If over-the-counter facial cleansers and regular facial care aren’t enough to keep your skin breakout-free, you may need to visit your medical dermatologist at Water’s Edge Dermatology about a skin-care regimen.
Follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook to learn more about taking care of your skin.