- Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize some more! The National Psoriasis Foundation suggests using a heavy cream or ointment to lock-in water. This helps control the itch and allows the skin to heal.
- Stay healthy. Psoriasis flare-ups are more likely when you’re ill, so rest up and wash your hands. Just remember to moisturize again after washing.
- Relax. Whether you choose a massage, a great workout or a spa trip, reducing your stress will keep psoriasis itch and pain at bay. Plus, holidays are just more fun without stress.
- Make hydration a priority. Drinking lots of water can help you hold on to more water in your skin, and it’ll help you stay healthy.
- Stay comfortable. Wear soft layers to avoid irritating your skin, and keep your humidifier running so your skin won’t lose moisture to your indoor heating.
Be sure to talk to your Water’s Edge dermatologist if the cooler, dry air causes your psoriasis to act up.