Your skin endures exposure to weather, scarring and time, and eventually it starts to show. But, you don’t have to resign yourself to damaged skin. Your cosmetic dermatologist can help you get a fresh start with your skin. Here are the top five reasons to talk to your Water’s Edge Cosmetic Dermatologist about laser skin resurfacing:
- Improve the appearance of sun damaged skin, including sun spots, melasma and other pigmentation troubles
- Smooth wrinkles and lines under and around your eyes or mouth, and on your forehead
- Minimize scarring, such as from acne or chicken pox
- Improve texture and firmness of your skin by stimulating collagen development
- Even skin tone and enhance your complexion
Your Water’s Edge cosmetic dermatologist will use a fractional laser skin rejuvenation procedure called dermal optical thermolysis, or DOT therapy, to create a pattern of microscopic holes in your skin. These DOTs are surrounded by healthy skin, which encourages your skin to heal more quickly. Your cosmetic dermatologist may use the DOT procedure to enhance the appearance of skin, or your medical dermatologist may use it to reduce sun damage to your skin. Make an appointment to talk to your Water’s Edge dermatologist about the benefits of laser skin resurfacing.