We’ve been getting a ton of interest in recent months about a new cosmetic treatment we offer called HydraFacial MD. As word spreads about this rejuvenating procedure, our patients want to know more. What’s a hydrafacial? How does HydraFacial MD work? How will it benefit your skin? Is HydraFacial MD really any better than other facials?
You’ve been asking, we’ve been listening. Now, it’s time to answer some of your most common questions about hydrafacials, and about HydraFacial MD in particular.
What is HydraFacial MD?
HydraFacial MD is a 30-minute facial procedure that combines cleansing, chemical peel, exfoliation, and extraction. In the process, it takes out the bad stuff — like pore-clogging junk that causes acne outbreaks — and restores or adds the good stuff, leaving your skin looking younger and more refreshed.
HydraFacial MD actually incorporates five separate treatment phases into one session (though this can be tailored to your unique needs).
- Vortex Exfoliation – The safe but powerful HydraFacial MD wand delivers a proprietary serum (Secret’s out, it’s a combination of lactic acid and glucosamine) to break up and remove the dead skin cells that accumulate on the face. Like other exfoliation procedures, Vortex Exfoliation immediately begins to reveal younger, healthier looking skin.
- Vortex Peel – Your technician will then use the wand to apply a mixture of glycolic and salicylic acids. The Vortex Peel is a superficial chemical peel, which means it affects just the top layer of skin (epidermis). This type of peel doesn’t leave scaling and has very little risk of scarring, if any. The Vortex Peel can help reduce the appearance of shallow acne scars and fine to moderate lines and wrinkles.
- Vortex Extraction – The wand removes blackheads and clears clogged pores with a gentle circular suction.
- Vortex Boost – During this phase, you receive one or more of four proprietary serum blends filled with antioxidants, peptides, hyaluronic acid and more, depending on your particular needs. Growth Factor Boost, for example, contains various growth factors to help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkle. Britenol Boost contains Alpha-Arbutin and vitamin C to reduce the appearance of sun damage and lighten dark spots.
- Vortex Fusion – In this step, your technician applies a serum containing antioxidants (e.g. vitamin E, white tea extract) and hyaluronic acid to your face. The Vortex Boost serum restores the skin and helps protect it from future insults.
A sixth phase, called Daily Essentials, is a take-home product that can help extend the benefits of HydraFacial MD treatments. Daily Essentials includes many of the same substances that are applied during Vortex Boost and Vortex Fusion phases.
Do HydraFacial MD treatments hurt?
HydraFacial is no more painful than the extraction and exfoliation steps of other facials. In fact, the way in which the HydraFacial MD wand delivers the serum and suction makes the procedure virtually painless. Most people report that treatments are virtually painless, especially compared to traditional facials.
Is HydraFacial MD any better than a standard facial?
First, you can assume that HydraFacial MD is better than any “facial” mask you buy at a drugstore or online retailer. Because it’s a medical-grade facial, the question is really whether it’s better than other medical grade facial procedures. HydraFacial MD is actually a hydradermabrasion procedure. It provides greater skin rejuvenation than regular dermabrasion or even chemical dermabrasion, but slightly less than non-ablative laser techniques and treatments
Hydradermabrasion not only cleans and rectifies the skin immediately, it also stimulates the skin to be plumper, fuller, smoother, and more resilient. When you then add the flexibility of adding a customized assortment of skin care additives to the treatment, it is hard to find a traditional facial that can compete with HydraFacial MD.
Rapidly becoming one of Water’s Edge Dermatology’s most popular cosmetic treatments, patients are thrilled with the results; from help with acne conditions, to anti-aging benefits, to facial rejuvenation, beauty enhancement and more.
Best news of all?
In response to demand, Water’s Edge is currently featuring a limited-time HydraFacial Special Offer. Regularly a $275 value, this game-changing treatment is currently available for only $169 – and that includes a free gift of ZO premium skin care products!
If interested in learning more about other outstanding aesthetic services, cosmetic treatment options and promotional offers at Water’s Edge Dermatology, please visit the Cosmetic Dermatology section of our website periodically to see everything that’s now possible.