National Health Education Week is observed every year during the third full week of October. At Water’s Edge Dermatology, we strive to educate our patients about keeping skin healthy every day of the year. One of our goals is to share innovative products that help heal your skin. One of those innovative products is Dermaka, developed by our very own Dr. Ronald Bush.
Dermaka is an all-natural plant-based cream, enriched with vitamins, that can be used on all types of skin disorders, including post phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, chemical, and laser peels. Dermaka has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties that help heal the skin and decrease bruising, redness, and irritation after procedures that disrupt the skin’s natural barrier.
Dr. Bush is responsible for the development and clinical applications of this powerful healing cream. Dermaka is formulated from natural plant extracts with added vitamins essential for skin health, which include:
- Arnica Montana, Bromelain, and Glycrrhiza Glabra – reduces redness, inflammation, and bruising
- Chamonilla Recutita – which has both anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties
- Camellia Sinensis – a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and stimulator of skin microcirculation
- Vitamin A and E – two powerful antioxidants that promote cell regeneration
- A base of Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate (olive oil) – to soften and moisturize the skin
“Though I developed Dermaka to help patients heal their skin, because it is formulated from all-natural ingredients, it is safe to use as a daily moisturizer,” said Dr. Ronald Bush. “Dermaka is showing excellent results for our patients, and no side effects have been reported.
Dermaka can be purchased at WEderm.com without a prescription. For best results, Dermaka should be applied three times daily or as instructed by a health care professional. Make an appointment today at one of our 17 Vein Center locations.