5 simple tips in skincare for men that every man should add to his morning routine to put his best face forward.
- Use a good cleanser. Seems simple enough, right? Washing morning and night with a hydrating cleanser like CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser to help remove dirt, germs, excess oils, and dead cells.
- Choose your razor wisely. Many men shave 5 times a week, so choosing the right razor that fits your skin sensitivity and beard coarseness will have a huge impact on your skin’s health. Choosing razors with several blades can actually lead to greater risk of ingrown hairs because the extra blades can pull the hairs below the skin a little too deep. Keep it simple, and find the best blade that works for you.
- Try an after-shave. After-shave hydrates and soothe the skin, and closes the pores which were just opened from shaving. Look for an after-shave that is alcohol free, to avoid any drying effects.
- Don’t skip the moisturizer. Fragrance-free products that are non-comedogenic (won’t clog your pores) are the easiest solution to keep your skin hydrated. Cetaphil is great for the whole family.
- Never leave home without applying sunscreen. Kill two birds with one stone and get a moisturizer with SPF protection in it. Not only will you protect your skin against harmful rays which may increase your risk for skin cancer, but choosing a broad-spectrum sunscreen which protects against UVA and UVB rays will also keep the sun from prematurely aging your skin.