James Towry, DO
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
About Dr. James Towry
An Ocala native, Dr. James (Jim) Towry attended Truman State University and earned his medical degree at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, both in Kirksville, Missouri.
After completing a residency in family medicine in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Dr. Towry practiced primary care medicine for several years. He then returned to Kirksville to complete a dermatology residency.
Dr. Towry practices a wide range of general and surgical dermatology, with emphasis on disorders of the hair, skin, and nails as well as skin cancer, moles, and other acute and chronic skin issues. He is board certified in both dermatology and family medicine.
Education & Training:
- American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- Family Medicine, Colorado Springs, CO
- Dermatology, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
Medical Degree: Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
Undergraduate Degree: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Dr. Towry’s Practice Locations and Schedules:
From acne and alopecia to venous disease and vitiligo; get the definitions, explanations and facts you need about virtually any and all dermatologic conditions and skin diseases, in easy alphabetic order!
Many of our dermatology providers are featured in the collection, and most leading skin disorders are covered. Learn more about prevention, diagnosis and treatment options for your condition, and hear what other patients have to say about us!