Felipe Collares, MD, MS, RVS
- Vein Expert
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
About Felipe Collares
Before joining Water’s Edge, Dr. Collares, board-certified in vascular and interventional radiology, was the director of vascular ultrasound and the vein care program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital. Dr. Collares joined Water’s Edge in February 2019 and has been practicing and teaching since 2009. He also serves as Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Central Florida.
Following two residencies in radiology, Dr. Collares served as a research fellow and fellow in vascular/interventional radiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Born in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Dr. Collares brings Portuguese fluency to our Water’s Edge Vein Center patients. He earned his MD at the Federal University of Minas Gerais and completed his MS in radiology at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. He is the editor of “Varicose Veins: Practical Guides in Interventional Radiology” which was published in 2017.
“I enjoy working with all of the providers and staff at the Water’s Edge Vein Center to deliver excellence in care to our patients and restore their vein health.”
Education & Training:
Certification: Diagnostic Radiology; Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Fellowships: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Residency Hospital Mater Dei, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil; Centro Radiologico da Lagoa, Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brazil
Medical Degree: Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG Brazil; Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brazil
Master’s Degree Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brazil
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Brazilian College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- European Society of Radiology
- American College of Phlebology
Collares Practice Locations and Schedules:
- Oviedo (Monday 8:30am-12pm)
- Orange City (Monday 1:30pm-5pm)
- Lake Wales (Tuesday 8:30am-12pm; 1:30pm-5pm alternating every week between AM/PM)
- Windermere (Wednesday 8:30am-12pm)
- St. Cloud (Wednesday 1:30pm-5pm)
- Lady Lake (Thursday 8:30am-12pm; 1:30pm-5pm alternating every week between AM/PM)
- Ocala West (Friday 9am-12pm)
- Ocala (Friday 1:00pm-4:30pm)
From acne and alopecia to venous disease and vitiligo; get the definitions, explanations and facts you need about virtually any and all dermatologic conditions and skin diseases, in easy alphabetic order!
Many of our dermatology providers are featured in the collection, and most leading skin disorders are covered. Learn more about prevention, diagnosis and treatment options for your condition, and hear what other patients have to say about us!